Monday, August 3, 2009

First Observations of Quebec

Quick musings on my adventures in Quebec:
1) I got lost in Montreal while listening to Feist, Arcade Fire, and Rufus Wainwright. Coincidence? I think not.
2) Everything sounds cooler in French. Signs, greetings in stores, the works. Everything just has such a special ring in French. I should learn french.
3) I went back to the restaurant that I didn't pay at in the fall when I came, and had a delicious lunch of quinoa-black bean burrito deliciousness. It also took me 10 minutes to figure out how to pay for parking at the meter thingey, since I couldn't find the parking space number (despite the fact that I magically found the space in front of the restaurant). This is the view from my car of the restaurant- "La fain du monde" or something like that.
4) Orford is ghetto-fabulous compared to Banff. The rooms are 60's design, with the great color schemes of yellow, orange, and green...love it.
5) I'm possibly more excited to be going to Boston next week than to be here now. Oh well!

No comments: