Monday, February 2, 2009

GreenGoodness: End of Day 1

Wow.  I forgot how *unfilling* raw food is.  I was doing pretty well for 4-5 hours, and then I got super hungry and ate some raisins and carrots.  So I didn't eat entirely liquified for the day, but somehow I feel like 3 organic carrots, a handful of raisins, a piece of dried mango, and 3 sundried tomatoes are NOT going to be the make or break of the day.  I ended up have 2 pots of tea today, as well as two mugs of other tea.  Since I didn't leave the house after noon, post yoga, I just stayed in and practiced all afternoon.  In order to keep from thinking about the raw food crisis, I drank tea.  End of story.  
here's lunch:  Carrot Basil Soupy Smoothie
2 carrots
2 collard green leafy things
handful of basil
half avocado
water
smidge of salt

This was actually quite tasty, despite what it sounds like.  I never used to be into raw soups, but this was quite edible.  I just didn't stay full for too long.  I should probably make more next time.
Dinner was a minty chocolate smoothie:
3 somewhat frozen bananas
Fresh Mint
Water
Spinach 
Raw Chocolate Powder
2 TBSP flax seed

This was quite tasty and has left me quite full for the evening, which is a good sign.  I don't expect incredible miracles from my green binge, but I am just trying to clean things up and feel good.  I did battle some fierce cravings today, especially with packs of rick and vegetables floating around my apartment, but I did a good change resisting, so we're on to tomorrow!

No comments: