Wednesday, February 4, 2009

GreenGoodness Day 3

Well, it seems that the proof is in the pudding.  (what an odd saying!) I put on my skinny legged jeans today that are always kinda odd in the waist, mostly because I have no waist.  And they are a bit looser, so I can wear them in public.  Yesterday was definitely killer, but I'm getting the picture-I need to put more food in my smoothies if I'm living off of them.  Yesterday may have been a calorically challenged day, in terms of quantity, but today was much better.  
I had a banana mint/choco/spinach smoothie for breakies, a savory basil/avocado/carrot/romaine smoothie for lunch, and a grapefruit/orange/banana spinach smoothie for dinner.  I can't wait to start chewing more of my food though...
Other cool changes: my skin is clearer, I'm having less cravings, and I'm less sleepy.  I'm still having serious greens cravings- I came home from yoga and ate 4 stalks of celery and a carrot.  I'm a little relieved that this was only a 3 day smoothie fest- I really don't know how people could do this for months!  Maybe it's because I'm out of practice in raw-food land, but I certainly missed my grains.  If I do a similar feast in the future, I'll definitely eat a salad for dinner instead of a smoothie- sometimes eating 8-10 pieces of fruit a day is a little much for me.  Too sweet.  I also like to chew my lettuce, as evidenced by my romaine lettuce cravings last night.  However, I will continue to consume green smoothies every day for breakies, and possible more, depending on my mood.  It certainly is good to fortify your body with lots of minerals and raw plant matter, and I'd like to do so more regularly, although maybe not for 3 days.  1 might be enough.  
In other news, I had my interview to go teach in the Philippines this summer, which would be *awesome* and I hope that pans out.  That would be way cooler than going to Sarasota, for sure.  

Currently listening to: Renaissance music.  Dufay & Ockeghem's greatest Missa hits.

1 comment:

Sarai said...

Ockegham! yay.

My green copycat goodness--since I was totally happy with the first two days, I decided to go for a third, but during which I will have smoothies (rather than juice). Its mainly been an amazing adventure: feeling drugged, energetic, and so on. I somehow haven't felt hungry the whole time, and I have had to listen to other bodily signals instead--a headache, feeling lightheaded, and so on. I am glad yours was satisfying for you :)

On a side note, I am sad that Gandolfi didn't get the grammy.