Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 2 of Greengoodness

Started off the morning with:
2 oranges
1 frozen banana
water
some frozen cranberries
1 tbsp of coconut oil
romaine hearts
1 tbsp of green powder.

It was a decent, but not amazing smoothie.  Not too sweet though, which is always excellent.  I'm feeling pretty good today, although my body wants something weightier like carbs or something like that.  Hopefully, the million pots of tea and smoothies will fill me up enough.
For lunch, had pretty much the same savory smoothie as yesterday:
carrots
water
basil
collards
tomatoes
1/2 avocado
and some random sprigs of thyme that I don't remember ever buying.

I have had a more difficult time today than yesterday in maintaining the green-ness.  Perhaps because I didn't eat dinner until 7:45, I was starving, had a headache, and am still cranky.  I know the headache may be the detox component of all this, but combined with cravings for chocolate and carbs, it really sucks.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Dinner:
Lots of frozen mango
2 Organic oranges
Water
Oodles of Spinach
2 TBSP of flax seeds.
I will eventually get myself downstairs on the elliptical, even if it kills  me!  But seriously, afterwards, I am rewarding myself with some raw banana-chocolate ice cream.  
In other news, I played the cadenzas I wrote for the Hoffmeister concerto for the venerable Steven Laitz, and he approved of them!  We touched up a few things, and he said they had lots of great thematic elements, and that I have 'good ears.'  I was floating in bliss for a few hours after that.  I have had such a difficult time trying to get myself to write those cadenzas, and I'm so glad he approved.  It certainly was a highlight of today.

Listening to: a little of everything today.

No comments: