Monday, July 5, 2010

Aargh, and why gym yoga sucks

Today started off so well.  It really did.  But it got rather unpleasant by the end of the day.  Here's why: I went to a gym yoga class, because it was free, and it was pretty awful.  Terrible sequencing, way too many beginners, bad instructional cues, no anatomical sense in the sequencing, etc.  Example: started in child pose, then down dog, vinyasa, and crow? All within the first 4 minutes of class?  I almost started laughing, because it was fucking ridiculous.  It was also a lot of people who had no idea what they were doing, and I was in pain watching their form, since many of them were ignorantly cruising for a bruising.  So that was pretty upsetting.  It sort of did the trick for what I was going for-I just didn't do the stupid things, and didn't do too many vinyasas, but it was also upsetting.  The other thing I found out today was that my friend, who was watching my car, (but hopefully not driving it much?) took a friend to the emergency room, and then got sideswiped in the parking lot.  (But of course, not while he was in the car, so now there's a huge scrape on my bumper, no police report, which means I can't easily claim it, and I'm not even in the country.)  That's been majorly stressing me out, since I hadn't wanted him to be driving my car much anyways, and for this to have happened so soon after I left is really upsetting.  I know it's not his fault, and I shouldn't be mad at him, but I had given him the key to my car in the hopes that he would move it every now and again, not get it hurt.  Now, a trip to the emergency room is totally justified, but what kind of major bad luck is that?  It's pretty ridiculous.  I'm not sure what to do about it, and I hope he's willing to pay for some of the damage.  Without a police report and more extensive documentation (like proof that the other car hit me) I can't get reimbursed, which he of course didn't realize.  It's just stressful to not be able to do anything about it, and to not be able to do anything about for a month and a half at least.  The damage isn't structural, so the car is still safe to drive, but it looks really bad, and that's upsetting to me.  Either way, I don't know what to do, and I've been emailing people for advice, since my parents would flip if they found out.  I need to fix it before they visit me again, and that's that.

On a more positive side, I'm playing Theofanidis in a recital on Friday, and I'm excited about that.  I also climbed a mountain, and had  a ground squirrel eat from my lap, and sit on my knee.  So cute, it was disgusting.  My friend took some good pix, so hopefully those will follow!

listening to: The passion pit cover of "Tonight, Tonight" by the Smashing Pumpkins

No comments: