Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm excited about...


I'm excited about a lot of silly things, like the delicious drink I'm currently imbibing, (St. Germaine liquer), and the yoga class I went to today, and the fact that I have my retainer now, which I forgot to take to Canada. But more seriously, here at the events of note:

1) Arcade Fire has a new album out in August, and I'm definitely excited about it, even if it's not amazing. I haven't seen them live, and I probably won't get the chance to, but I'm just excited for them to escape isolation.
2) Belle and Sebastian is touring in the fall, as is Dirty Projectors, and I've already got tickets for the Vampire Weekend/Beach House show, so it looks like a delightfully concert filled fall and summer is heading my way! Might also get to see a few shows in Cali in July/August.
3) I'm giving a recital at the dinky festival in Santa Barbara that I'm going to. That makes me feel important, but also motivates me to practice for something. I haven't totally decided on rep, but I'm either going to do:
Ligeti Sonata (1,2,3,5 or some combo)
Theofanidis
Bach Gamba Sonata III or Biber Passacaglia
Takemitsu "Bird came down the walk"
and possibly some by Yann Tiersen. All pieces that I like and am excited to learn.
4) I just got an overdue check from my work, which has been paying me incorrectly for months. Hello 300 dollar check!
5) And I got a tax refund. Yes.
6) I'm playing John Adams' "Shaker Loops" at Banff with him conducting in the first week of July. First stand. Woohoo!
7) I'm embracing the color yellow.
8) I'm seeing "The pains of being pure at heart" on Friday. They're a band. Yay! And Alison Krauss folksy stuff on Saturday.


listening to: Beach House and The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

2 comments:

kaci + tom said...

okay, i'm totally being a stalker, but...i've been wanting to try st. germain. so i'm happy you like it.

that's all. :)

kales said...

St Germaine is my favorite liquer, and my friend just bought me a bottle for graduation, since I'm always drinking hers. It's great mixed with carbonated wine, fizzy water, or just regular white wine. Elderberry. Mmm...