Monday, April 19, 2010

Snakey Weirdness

I have a traumatizing amount of things that need to get done in the next 15 days. Good thing I have the new MGMT album to keep me crazy, in only the best possible way.


I can pretty much count on MGMT to consistently deliver weird ass videos that totally blow my mind. The new album is totally from the first one, but I rather like it. It's a weird pastiche of 60's pop music styles: surfing, weird instrumental interludes, cheesy drum and bass lines, subtle beach boys pyschedelia references...I couldn't be happier. This video is pretty much everything stranger than I could ever imagine. It is a strange allusion to the disease in the book "Black Hole" by Charles Burns, but also just weird things with old people, a strange machine, puppets, military figures with eye patches (malcolm in the middle?). Either way, I have no idea what the fuck is going on and I love it. It's just like my life, only with old people in it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

at first i was like, oh, this isn't so weird, but then at the end i was all, yeah, that's weird... :P

Anonymous said...

ps. i want a mgmt mix!!!

McMillan said...

First response: While You Wait For the Others

Exciting collage and stop-animation wonderfully synced to an excellent, excellent song? Yes please.