Thursday, June 4, 2009

Selfish Exposure of Joy

I had a wonderful day today.  I was able to practice for (count 'em) 3 whole hours!  Boo-yah!  No pain!  Since my return to the ROC, I've been having some discomfort in my paw, probably because I took those 4 days off, and apparently illness invited itself back in.  But all is well today!
I went on a delightful walk with Futaba, ate at Orange Glory, bought some dried lavender (for lavender shortbread with lemon glaze and lavender tea), went to the South Wedge Farmer's Market (where I flirted with the chap selling me leafy greens.  He said I should really reconsider my hatred of cucumbers.  Suggestive mayhaps?), then got some delicious quiche at the farmer's market, and taught, and then got some sweet CD's at the gates library, where i saw some LIVE deer (which is a rarity here).  Oh, and I discovered the joy of NPR: All Songs Considered.  I listened to Thom Yorke's DJ bit, and I almost cried because I love Thom Yorke with an irrational inexplicable passion.  And my heart clapped listening to an old recording of Colin Meloy Live from 3 years ago.  So yes, I am a dork.  But I will am grateful for the time that is now and the magic that has unfolded in my dusty, cobwebby life.

listening to: NPR! and I'll eventually get around to the new Andrew Bird album, which I got from the lib's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FUTABA!!!
i like you all bubbling over-like :D