Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fitting End for an Unfortunate Day

So today is the one year anniversary of my tragic bike accident in Newton, in which I flew over the handlebars of my bike, really screwed up my knee, and my bike proceeding to get stolen 3 days later, despite the fact that I could barely walk. I was wondering if anything unpleasant would happen commemorate that fateful day, and look! It seems it has! My wallet is gone. Once again, I did something extremely stupid.
Yesterday, as I was pumping gas, rather than toss my wallet back into my car like I usually did, I put it on the trunk of my car, where I then forgot about it. And subsequently lost my wallet. Now, I have had my wallet stolen twice in the last 6 years, so I am indeed familiar with this scenario. The only problem is the whole driver's license thing. (Although I am rather bummed that my wallet itself is gone- Mary Kathryn gave it to me, and it was beautiful. And now it's gone forever, along with my Sephora card, library card, NEC Id's, and a few giftcards with 1-2 dollars on them each. Alas. The catch with the license is that I have an out of state license from California, which claims to not allow renewals from out of state. Which is a major problem, since I'm not planning on coming home soon. But, if this is true, I will be flying to California tomorrow afternoon or evening for a hefty price, to get an f-ing license so I can come back and get paid 10 dollars a lesson to teach students who attempt to masturbate during a lesson (as in yesterday). AAAAGH!!!!
So yes, it was a fitting remembrance of last year's crisis. The day started off so well too..Let's hope the recovery doesn't take 3 months this time around.

2 comments:

Taaalia said...

Aw man, that's really crappy =( I hope that California decides to not be ridiculous and give you a license without you having to actually physically go there! Also...students who masturbate during lessons? That's....really super-fun.

Anonymous said...

:(

that is all.