Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New School Semester Resolutions!


Yes- I realize that New Year's was a while ago, but I never feel like a New Year's begun until the first day of class, which happened yesterday.  (And what a day it was!  I accidentally woke up at 4:30 AM and couldn't fall asleep and was quite miserable for a bit of the morn.  Fortunately, last night I got a delicious 10 hours in, so I'm recovering just fine.)  I've been thinking about crafting my resolutions for a while now, since I've had so long, and here are some of my thoughts...
Behavioral Resolutions
1) I will try to be more conversational and friendly with people I don't know, whether they are clerks or waitresses, or classmates that I'm not as familiar with.  Conversation can really brighten people's days.
2) I will procrastinate less.  (In fact, I'm procrastinating practicing right now...but this needs to get done.)  I will be more proactive about things that I find annoying- calling people back when I'm busy, making sure that important mail gets addressed, etc.
3) I will seriously consider my expenditures and thoughtfully address what is most important and not buy things that are too superfluous.  (yoga- important.  Reiki training for $200?  Wait till summer.  Salt lamps?  Maybe later).  
4) I will continue to reduce my "carbon footprint" by using LESS plastic, and reading about ways to improve my lifestyle.
5) I will eat more green things, even when it's 15 degrees and I really want Cream of tomato soup.  (First step, green smoothie challenge for a month.  I'm on day 3.  Each day, have a green smoothie, i.e. fruit + leafy greens)
6) I will try to listen more carefully to my body as to what I should eat and how much.
7) I will try harder to keep in touch with far-flung friends.
8) I will be less fearful of the phone and calling people.
9) I will do my homework.  (I got away with a pretty scant workload last semester, and still got all A's.  But my conscience isn't entirely clear.)
10) ...

Personal Revolutions/Resolutions
1) Go to Zen training in February.  Start meditating regularly.
2) Cook More delicious plant things.  Less eating out.
3) More red wine. And white wine.  Less other drinks.
4) More yoga classes if I can afford it.
5) Keep cultivating lovingkindness.
6) Meditate everyday.  
7) Be less scared.
8) Be proactive.
9) Be happy, damn it.
10) Clean the house more.  Less clutterfuck.

Currently listening to:  Nothing.  Trying to make recordings for bang on a can.  will listen to something soon though.



No comments: