Saturday, February 19, 2011

I can definitely relate to this...

I read this piece the other day and I realized that most people are infinitely better to hang out with while drunk or drinking.  And that some people I'm friends with, I only want to see after a drink or two.  On the other hand, some people really do annoy the hell out of me when they're drunk.  It can go both ways.  The bottom line though, was good.  And I agree.

Most people you find attractive are not necessarily people you can spend a lot of time around. Getting drunk has the effect of turning any occasion into a party, though, and looking back, it can also do that with people. I always knew that alcohol made me feel so much more interesting. What I hadn't fully realized is how it made other people so much more interesting. When I think about successful dates from the past now, I wonder whether we were just fooling each other.

No comments: