Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dancing my way to Miami

Since I've been to Miami, I'm ready to embrace the warmth, the festivities, and the plethora of hip hop, rap, and electronica that pervades the club scene in Miami.  (As well as the stilettos-I packed 6 pairs of heels this afternoon!)  This has resulted in some interesting music discoveries-I bought a few albums last week at Amoeba in Hollywood, mostly pop, and I've been dancing around to house to these tracks.
Discovery-Carby (featuring Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend)


Robyn: "Dancing On My Own."  Heard it in the summer, but never committed to liking it until last week.


The Hood Internet-Mashup of Grizzly Bear/Dead Prez
The Hood Internet - Two Weeks Of Hip Hop (Dead Prez x Grizzly Bear) by hoodinternet

The Hood Internet: Jay-Z +LCD Soundsystem
The Hood Internet - Just Wanna Dance Yrself Clean (Jay-Z x LCD Soundsystem) by hoodinternet

I don't know what this all means, but I'm totally drawn to the danceable jams these days.  When I was in Miami, I had a solo dance party in my new minidress to LCD Soundsystem and Lady Gaga.  So...I'm going mainstream?  I don't know, but it's fun.

2 comments:

kaci + tom said...

more pop music, please. this was the perfect accompaniment to my snow day! :D

kaci + tom said...

...and now i'm listening to robyn's cobrastyle on repeat. YAY.