Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Satorial Bargain Hunter

As of Late, I have become a snob.  A fashion snob.  A fashion sale snob, to be exact.  I will only buy things if they're cheap, but not shoddily made.  In essence, I have become the urban outfitters sale stalker, scouring stores all over the country for sale items, and often, succeeding.  I bought these three purchases at the UO in Ventura, for a total of 6o odd dollars, with tax.  That comes to, three pairs of shoes and a sweet purse/messenger bag thing.  And now, I have jazzy Janelle Morae shoes, for a cheap, non-leather, price.  (I also bought these sweet neon yellow converse for 20 at an outlet mall a few weeks ago.)  So I'm proud of myself for my shrewd shopping, and now that I'm officially in LA proper, I'm ready to bounty hunt me some deals.


Conversation of the day: (while in Solvang, CA, and Danish settlement which has become very touristy and not particularly authentic)
Father: Name some famous Danes.
Me: Blue Cheese and Hamlet
Father: What about Carl Nielsen?  I don't think Hamlet was real.
Me: Blue cheese is more legitimate than Hamlet?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful, perforated, jazzy kicks!