Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Please Don't Mind Me, I'm having a Soundgasm.

We had our first two hour studio class where we did not have scales, and it was a viola-fest! And a soundgasm, I suppose. (That's my specific term to describe musical ecstasy, not to be mixed up with foodgasm). Everyone who played tonight really did well for where they've been in life, and it was great to see such huge progress all around. (Apparently, I did pretty well too, but my self-criticism skills find that hard to believe.) I then went to a bit of an undergrad voice recital and had my mind blown with high notes, and beautiful voice timbre, and well, everything. So, if you see Erin Kirby in a state of confusion and shock, she's having a soundgasm too. (It was just nice to not feel totally inadequate for a change, on my part, at least).

No comments: