Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bring back the viewmaster!

There were some amazing quotes the other day from Glee.


"I don't like people using J-Money to cramp everyone else's style... I see God every time I make out with a chick."

"Sorry, if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church.  And the reason I don't go to church is because they don't think very much about gay people.  Or women.  Or science."

They just sort of made my day when I saw the episode last week.  It of course was touching on a much bigger issue about spirituality, and accepting different people's views, in a mostly protestant/Christian country.  There were a couple other good lines, like when the Principal said "Sue, children should be allowed to profess whatever faith they choose." And the coach, Sue said, "At the BET awards, but not in a public school."  That also made me chuckle.

On a less related note, sometimes I'd like to get rid of my computer, and unpack an early 90's green screen mac or a typewriter, and do all of my press and communication that way.  And I'd like to distribute photos as slides to be put in one a slide machine, or as those little pictures in a viewmaster.  (Which I loved, by the way.)  Or even better, on of those projectors we had in the pre-VHS era that probably had something to do with discussing puberty in a terribly awkward cartoon way.  I definitely remember an awkward screen thing with a giant reel-to-reel of female parts in a cartoonish display of eggs and sperm, all advertising "always" sanitary napkins.

Also, love this hysterical review of the Dirty Projectors.

No comments: