Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Trip to Georgia by the Numbers

Inspired partially by my high school newspaper, which had a stats page, and partially by a recent post by another friend, here's my trip to Athens in numbers.
Tofu Baby's Car.


Number of days in Athens:4
Number of biscuits consumed: 3 (with vegetarian gravy!)
Number of Meals with Fried Food: 4
Cups of Coffee Consumed: 7 (bad call-not enough sleep)
Number of Croissants eaten: 2
Number of Saxophone Events attended: 5 (out of about 100...)
Average Daily Temperature: 58
Days of unfettered sunshine: 4
Number of Hours spent travelling (total): 18
Number of Pages Read: 168 in "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", 2 in "the Power of Now"
Avg Daily Viola Practice: 1 hr 45
Hours of Guilt About Lack of Practice: 1 hr (cumulatively)
Number of Socks Brought: 2 (not enough!)
Number of Crucial Things Forgotten while Packing: 4 (fingernail clippers, tweezers, socks, toothpaste)
Number of Tires Blown: 1
Hours spent having fun: 30

Overall, the trip was a success. I really enjoyed the sun, the south, and the awesome food! I also got rather motivated to attend the Int'l Viola Congress, which seems to be in the cards, now that I've been rejected from Sarasota for 4 times now. Wooh! (The two events conflicted- the congress is in mid June in Cincinnati.) Anyway, now, I'm just trying to shred some viola for Monday's New World humor-fest, and enjoying the direct sunlight in my apartment, which is rather rare for this state. I seem to have brought back the warmth, which I'll take.

Listening to: Owen Pallett


2 comments:

Katie said...

NICE. Sounds like fun. :)


Um... embarrassing question: is this in Greece (because it sounds like the South, but I don't know any Athenses in the South)?

Katie said...

OK... now I see the part about "My trip to GEORGIA"