Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Things Made and received: part 1

These are some things that either I have made, or have received...

This first beautiful object is a gift wrapped object by MJ- stylish gold and red wrapping paper, tied in red and 
yellow embroidery thread, with a brown wrapper around it that says "merry christmas Kayleigh Miller." with some rubber stamped stars.  Awesome.

The second item is my second completed sewing project- a whale that looks strangely like an elephant profile when placed sideways.  But it is indeed a whale.  I had some difficulties in reversing the fabric once I machine sewed it, which accounts for the child-like blanket stitches on the bottom...

This third item is my first *failed* sewing machine attempt.  It was trying to make a cupcake out of felt.  It instead looks like some kind of strange pencil eraser stuck in a cupcake wrapper.  It also has teeth, which makes its identity even m
ore ambiguous.  If you had the opportunity to see it in person, you would really appreciate how bizarre it looks.  But it at least reminded me how to use a sewing machine again, which is very important.  It also reminded me how terrible I am at sewing by hand... Picture later.

The fourth thing is my Christmas card, inspired by Blue's Clues Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper.  I made them out of paper, and while they look a little more obese than usual, the message is the same... "Seasonings' Greetings."

More pictures, made things, and thoughts on crafting to come!

No comments: